Posts tagged David Letterman
Whenever there’s a major sporting event, whether it be golf with the majors, baseball with the World Series, basketball with the NCAA National Championship or NBA Finals, the winner/winning team takes a tour around the national media outlets.
With his win at the Masters, Bubba Watson was everywhere you looked earlier this week and not just the places you would expect. Sure, Bubba put in the time with the folks at Golf Channel’s Morning Drive (one of the best interviews there was), but also on Fox News, CNN and even Charlie Rose.
In case you haven’t gotten your Bubba fix yet, here’s a short run-down of what and where Watson spent his Tuesday and Thursday of this week. If you’re not really interested in what he said in each interview, PGATour.com’s Tour Report did a good job of giving a blow-by-blow of Watson’s whirlwind 36 hours. Be sure to read Day 1 and Day 2 (and read from the bottom-up).
For the sake of organization, I’ll put Bubba’s appearance in as much of a chronological order as possible.
- Bubba kicked things off by surprising the fellas at Morning Drive by coming in studio to talk to them before shipping off to NYC.
- Before getting on the plane to New York, Bubba called into the Dan Patrick Show, Jim Rome and the Scott Van Pelt Show.
- From there, Bubba hopped on a plane to New York where he met with Twitter celebrity Darren Rovell.
- Watson went from CNBC, to CNN to make a special appearance on Piers Morgan Tonight where the talk-show host said he had one of his favorite interviews. Here’s a little snippet.
- Bubba went from Piers’ studio to Ed Sullivan Theatre to hop on the Late Show with David Letterman for a pretty entertaining interview.
- After Letterman, Bubba just had one more phone call. Nothing important, really, just the POTUS. In typical Bubba fashion, when Obama got on the phone and said, “Hey, Bubba,” Watson answered with “Hey buddy, how you doing? I mean Mr. President.”
- On Wednesday, Watson started his day going to “CBS This Morning.”
- From there, Bubba went over to MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” which is hosted by Joe Scarborough who is from the Florida Panhandle, near where Watson grew up in Bagdad, Fla.
- After “Morning Joe,” Bubba hooked up with PBS’ Charlie Rose at the Bloomberg Building and talked to the famed interviewer about how he connects with the average American.
- Rounding out his 36-hour interview fest, Watson went to the Time Warner Building for two final interviews with Fox News. Before he leaves to go home, the guy who had been leading Watson from place to place told him that he has never seen so many people come out to meet one guy, a nod to the “everyman” that Watson was.
Watson, who was active on Twitter throughout his media tour tweeted out around 1:45 Wednesday that he had finally finished his tour and was heading home to be with Angie (his wife) and Caleb, their new son.
Aside from all the television and radio, Bubba made the cover of a few magazines, including Sports Illustrated.
Watson will be back in action in two weeks when he defends his title at the Zurich Classic of New Orleans.